For Homeless and Hungry, our group at Serenity made a few homemade frozen meals to donate to the Dorothy Day house in Moorhead. Here is one of our recipes below:
Home-Style Meat Loaf
- 3/4 cup ketchup, divided
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/4 cup minced fresh onion2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 large egg whites, lightly beaten1
- 1/2 pounds ground round
- Cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Combine 1/2 cup ketchup, oats, and next 6 ingredients (oats through egg whites) in a large bowl.
- Add meat; stir just until blended.
- Shape meat mixture into an 8 x 4-inch loaf on a broiler pan coated with cooking spray.
- Brush 1/4 cup ketchup over meat loaf.
- Bake at 350° for 1 hour and 10 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before slicing.